Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Writing

I've written a small book called "Miss Brown on Leadership: 13 Common Sense Principles to Increase your Effectiveness." (Miss Brown is the psuedonym of my dog, a Chocolate Labrador Retreiver otherwise known as Nestle)

The book is a lighthearted look at the people skills my experience tells me so many leaders don't cultivate adequately or make use of often enough. They always have reasons, usually "I'm too busy," or "That stuff is a waste of time." But my own personal belief is that businesses everywhere suffer as a result.

I hope to publish the little book using Lulu, and post it here on this blog. It's been a learning experience for me, so far, and will continue to be, I'm sure.

I continue my Right Management work seeking another job. I have two great resumes now, one focused on communication, the other on organizational development. My next task is to build a self-marketing plan, and so far, I'm procrastinating nicely!

I enjoyed dinner last week with three friends from my former work. I loved being with them, but listening to them gripe about things they experience made me glad I was no longer there.

10 inches of snow blankets the ground outside. It's been bitterly cold. Nothing is lovelier, though, than a Miscanthus Sinesis (ornamental grass) with its base covered in snow. I've enjoyed looking at mine when I go outside for a brief foray into the deep freeze.

1 comment:

Melba said...

post me a picture of the grass, I want to see it!! Dis you know Boston got something like 19 inches of snow? Can you even imagine?