Sunday, November 25, 2007

On Work

Wednesday of this week will mark my fourth full week away from DTE Energy.

It surprises me to say this, but I don't miss it. I think of it quite a lot, imagining the people I know there and recognizing all over again that I'll likely never see most of them again. I feel sad about that, but I still don't miss work itself.

I asked my husband about that. His response: "Could it be that you were doing things that were not fulfilling? Could it be that you're enjoying the things you're doing now more?"

The shape of my new life to come is still shrouded in mist. But I am willing to wait, taking one day at a time.

1 comment:

Melba said...

Sometimes the waiting is the best part. I've been genuinely trying to focus on moments lately--to truly be present where I am when I am. That isn't always easy but I do think it's the best way to live whenever possible.

I'm glad to hear you're happy now...I told you I had a good feeling about it from the beginning and I still do so I guess we'll see what's yet to come!

Melanie