Friday, November 23, 2007

Umm, umm good!

It's the day after Thanksgiving. We had a great holiday. Everyone contributes, and that makes it easier. I needed more cooking capacity, though.

The food was yummy. I bought a free-range unfrozen turkey for the first time in my life, and everyone liked it. "This is the best turkey I've ever eaten," said one of my sons-in law. As always, we had too much food -- but each daughter got to take home some leftovers. It all worked out.

This was Ava's first Thanksgiving, and it was a delight to have her here. Cranberry sauce was the food of choice for her, eaten after she smashed it between her fingers. One hand touching her head made a post-dinner bath necessary!

Our table is as full as it can be. The next grandchild will make a children's table impossible to postpone longer.

After dinner, we had a good time playing games -- Rummikub and Moods. Buster, our small-dog-sized cat, ended the Rummikub game when he came and lay down in the middle of the table! The high point of Moods was Jason having to say, in an angry tone, "Damn, I'm good looking!" We need a new game for Christmas. Any suggestions for good ones?

The Lions lost yesterday. Tennessee plays Kentucky tomorrow. If they win, they'll be the East SEC champions.

Time to put the Christmas tree up.

1 comment:

Melba said...

That was a great TN game yesterday...GO VOLS!!! Apples to Apples is a great game that I just remembered having played at a party I went over the summer. It's one I think we would all enjoy. I had a great Thanksgiving too and it was good to see you yesterday as well.

MSL