Saturday, November 17, 2007

Saturday morning, early, November 17, 2007

It's been a good week. C attended a LEAD institute in Ann Arbor and so didn't have to drive to Sterling Heights except one day. A nice change for him.

I attended my Right Management orientation this week. Right Management is a service offered me by DTE Energy, my former employer. I get three months of access to career transition workshops, counseling, help with my resume and more. I also took some career assessments, which told me that I need to work in a place where creativity is valued. It classified me as a "planner." The service is a good one, and I am looking forward to future workshops and learning. My next two workshops are the first week in December.

On Wednesday, I stayed with Ava in Monroe, as she has been struggling with croup this week.

I also had an interview with a small eLearning company. I really liked the woman who runs it, Megan Torrance, but I believe I am quite overqualified for the position she's looking to fill. It would have been an interesting twist, though, to move from communication to developing eLearning modules. I'll hear something back after Thanksgiving, she said, and I believe she will contact me, no matter what. She reminded me of Irene Dimitri at DTE.

Nick is here. He came to help Chuck start on their joint Christmas project. As always, nice to have him around. We had fun on the way up choosing possible careers from a group of four, the way I did on my career assessment. Holly also spent the night, because she worked a 16-hour shift yesterday and is working 8 hours today.

Next week, I have lunch with old work friends on Monday, gardening class on Tuesday, and scrapping with my girls on Wednesday. Thursday, of course, is Thanksgiving.

As Ron May, a leader at my former workplace, used to say, "Life's good."

No comments: